Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last night my little girl fell asleep with my cell phone. She opened it and laid it on her pillow where she could see the screen saver picture of her daddy. I tried to take it from her when I thought she was out, but she immediately corrected me. "Where my daddy go?" she asked me. "Daddy is at work, sweetheart. But he loves and misses you very much." Then she took the phone back from me and laid down. After repeating this cycle a few more times, I finally just left the phone with her. Eventually she fell asleep. In the morning, we went through our normal routine. She woke up and asked where her daddy was, again. I told her he was at work, and we made our way to his picture hanging in the hallway. The glass is sticky with her little kisses, which she ceremoniously leaves there every day, often several times a day, when she's really missing him. I sometimes have to remind myself when I'm feeling frustrated at her what a tremendous sacrifice she and every other military child makes when daddy or mommy is far away for a long time. I think a little piece of their hearts deploy with their parent just like a piece of mine deploys with my husband. God bless our sweet military children! They sacrifice so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment